[Esip-agclimate] GOAT:HACK - Agriculture + Tech Hackathon, open for all!

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Tue Mar 19 17:52:37 EDT 2019

Hello all,

Kindly take notice of a Hackathon that might be of interest to you -- it's
in Beltsville, MD and free to participate!

*Gathering for Open Agricultural Technology Hackathon (GOAT:HACK)*
GOAT:HACK will be hosted on April 4th and 5th at the USDA-ARS Beltsville
Agricultural Research Center in Beltsville, MD. The goals of the event are
to:

   - bring together a multidisciplinary cohort of researchers, designers,
      developers, and agricultural practitioners working on agricultural
      technologies;
      - enable open access to data and tools resulting from agricultural
      research;
      - develop open source technical infrastructure that enables research,
      adoption, and evaluation of sustainable agricultural practices.

Learn more and apply by 3/22 here
<https://esipfed.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca50850794ee72b04765ac93c&id=e2c9f6e499&e=a7a14ed90f>
.

This Hackathon is conveniently right after RDA P13 AND iConference 2019,
and close in location! I'll be going and am greatly looking forward to
working with a group of awesome agricultural data + tech folks, with lots
of discussion re: semantic technologies, software, hardware, etc. I'd be
happy to discuss the opportunity with anyone who is interested, or if
you're interested but cannot attend, do let me know if you'd like to be
updated regarding future GOAT events.

all the best,
Bar

--
Lindsay Barbieri
PhD Candidate, Rubenstein School of Environment & Natural Resources