[Esip-agclimate] Reminder: Monthly Ag&Climate Telecon: May 5, 2020 3 PM EDT

DAVIS, ELEANOR J eleanord at email.sc.edu
Mon May 4 16:18:09 EDT 2020

Hello and hope you had a great weekend!

This is a reminder about our call tomorrow. In the below agenda, you will see two links. Please review them so that we can have a conversation on the call about effective virtual sessions.

  *   News and reminders
     *   New Slack channel # ag-climate (includes link to notes document) (https://app.slack.com/client/T092JLYMR/C011BEXS694)
To get into the ESIP Slack Workspace: Keep up on all the action on Slack! If you are not already on the ESIP Slack team: here is your INVITATION.<https://esip-slack-invite.herokuapp.com/>  If you are on Slack, are you using the Slack App? It's a much better GUI. Grab it HERE<https://slack.com/downloads/osx>. Slack tutorial: https://slack.com/resources/slack-101

     *   ESIP virtual Summer Meeting, July 14-24
        *   Our sessions proposal submitted: "Community concept mapping for data-to-decisions - Use cases in climate adaptation, disaster planning, and disaster response"
        *   In DRAFT schedule: July 14, 2-3:30 pm and 4-5:30 pm
        *   ESIP questionnaire on virtualizing the Summer meeting due May 10th
     *   USFS Call for Ideas and Virtual Pitch-Fest: Advancing the use of satellite remote sensing data to support USFS management decision needs

  *   Concept maps for data-to-decisions:
     *   Updates since the April telecon; second use case
     *   Templates for reuse and re-purposing (and anything else?)

  *   ESIP Summer virtual sessions (including unconference) planning
     *   Overall structure/framework/format
     *   Technologies needed
     *   Pre-telecon "homework"?
        *   https://www.facilitate.com/article/11280-designing-interactive-webinars