[Esip-agclimate] Cluster meeting | Tuesday 2021-06-15 @ 1500 hrs EASTERN | Strategy for July ESIP meeting and beyond

Brian Wee bwee at massiveconnections.com
Fri Jun 11 15:39:43 EDT 2021

Hi Agriculture and Climate Cluster (ACC) and ESIP collaborators:

At next week's rescheduled meeting, Bill and I intend to provide a
synthesis of the strategy that will shape our activities based on recent
discussions with agency folks about wildfire management.  The strategy, in
the form of *Objective 4 *below, will shape what we do for the upcoming
ESIP summer session on "Identifying technology capabilities that meet
wildfire science and practitioner requirements
<https://2021esipsummermeeting.sched.com/event/jMOK/identifying-technology-capabilities-that-meet-wildfire-science-and-practitioner-requirements>"
and a possible follow-on USDA-funded workshop on the same topic.
Connection coordinates for the Tuesday call are pasted below.  More details
will be provided in the meeting agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xCLTjuk84Yf5uBtwGXXII58ugzXdZoDogt7SQkIL6zE/edit?usp=sharing>
this coming Monday.

Objective 4 (detailed objective) traces to objectives 3, 2, and then 1
(high-level objective) in that order.

   - *Objective 1: * Foster a better understanding of how science-informed,
   data-driven solutions work within the science-technology-policy fabric,
   particularly as they apply to the agro-ecosystem space (but more generally,
   the socio-environmental space).
   - *Objective 2:*  Explore technology enablers for visualizing and
   discovering the value-chain that connects data, models, and information to
   decisions.  I.e. traceability of decisions back to data to enable
   technically-defensible solutions.
   - *Objective 3:*  To develop methods for reusing / repurposing routine
   work-products (data, memos, reports, model code) generated during a
   particular phase of the wildfire management lifecycle to another phase of
   the lifecycle.  For now, focus on the reuse / repurpose of work products
   between the "during fire" phase and "after fire" phase.
   - *Objective 4:  *To focus only on the data (and not memos, reports,
   model code) aspects of Objective 3 related to identifying and communicating
   wildfire values-at-risk (property, structures, physical improvements,
   natural and cultural resources, etc) between July 2021 and Spring 2022.

I hope to see you Tuesday!

*Zoom Connection Information*

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82026434814?pwd=Z0lnYUxzZklkUm10VEZKT015b3luZz09
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82026434814?pwd%3DZ0lnYUxzZklkUm10VEZKT015b3luZz09&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw0Bp7Shp3vSJ7lNLNBS7ZHw>
Meeting ID: 820 2643 4814
Passcode: 896682
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,82026434814# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,82026434814# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)