[Esip-agclimate] ESIP meeting workshop Wednesday 2022-01-19 on "In-situ and remotely-sensed data integration for wildfire management"
bwee at massiveconnections.com
Tue Jan 18 10:56:13 EST 2022
If you are joining us for the ESIP January 2022 meeting this week, we hope
to see you at tomorrow's workshop "In-situ and remotely-sensed data
integration for wildfire management
at 0130 hrs EASTERN.
The high-level agenda for the workshop can be seen below, and a visual map
of the topics that will be discussed can be seen here
(warning: very large image, you will need to zoom in quite extensively):
1. Preview and synthesis of session concepts (Brian Wee | Massive
2. Stakeholder perspective: Keeping your eyes on the big picture (Genny
Biggs | Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation)
3. Stakeholder perspective: Challenges from the wildfire frontlines
(Chief Dave Winnacker | Fire Chief at Moraga-Orinda Fire District)
4. Technical solution perspective: In-situ EnviroSensing: challenges
and opportunities in the (wild)fire continuum (Scotty Strachan | Nevada
EPSCoR | ESIP EnviroSensing Cluster)
5. Technical solution perspective: sUAS data use/reuse/repurpose for
science and management (Andrea Thomer | University of Michigan | ESIP
6. Technical solution perspective: Wildland Fire Simulation and Data
Assimilation using UAS data (Xiaolin Hu | Georgia State University)
7. Technical solution perspective: AI/ML for Wildfire: Limits and
Opportunities (Ziheng Sun | George Mason University | ESIP Machine
8. Breakout groups for (1) In-situ and remote data fusion, (2) UAS data
ingest into models.
9. Breakout groups present on (1) Barriers to implementation, (2) What
is achievable in the short-term
10. Synthesis and looking ahead
- Brian Wee and Bill Teng
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Esip-agclimate