[ESIP-all] OPeNDAP Technical Working Conference

Paul Hemenway paul@po.gso.uri.edu
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:44:29 -0500 (EST)

The Open Source Project for a Network Data Access Protocol,
(OPeNDAP, a.k.a. DODS/NVODS) invites you to attend a Technical Working
Conference in one month, 19-21 March 2003, in Boulder Colorado.

The meeting is intended for a review of all aspects of OPeNDAP
development from a technical perspective.  It is aimed at
software developers specifically and is NOT an OPeNDAP
tutorial.  However, it will be a good technical introduction
for software engineers who intend to contribute data or software
elements to the OPeNDAP.  Possible topics to be discussed in
breakout sessions include:

  - The New Data Access Protocol (DAP) Specification
  - In-situ Data -- problems, solutions, and aggregation.
  - OPeNDAP-GIS Connections.
  - The Ancillary Information Service (AIS)
  - Relational Databases and OPeNDAP

For more information contact Paul Hemenway (phemenway@gso.uri.edu).
If you plan to attend, please contact us as soon as possible.

We apologize for the conflict with the SEEDS meeting, but the
dates were dictated by external circumstances.

We look forward to Federation participation by current and future
OPeNDAP users, and by any other interested ESIPs.

Paul Hemenway
Graduate School of Oceanography
University of Rhode Island
phemenway@gso.uri.edu