[ESIP-all] Request for Technical Workshop presentations

Rob Raskin raskin at seastar.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 3 13:40:50 EDT 2003

The Federation Technical Workshops will be held Thursday-Friday July
31-August 1 in Boulder, in conjunction with the Summer Meeting.  Please
let me know if your ESIP is interested in making a Workshop
presentation.  The Technical tracks will include: Data Access, Data
Discovery, GIS, and Data/Web Services.

New this year is a Friday afternoon session for Education Users.  This
session will be held a day prior to the DLESE Skills Workshop, and
represents a great opportunity to share your expertise with educators
(who generally will be arriving on Friday.)   Also, for the first time,
we will have a Technology poster session as well as invited outside
vendors (e.g. software and hardware companies - we are open to
suggestions about who to invite).

If you are interested in making a presentation, send me the following
information (a tentative reply is fine, if your participation depends on
REASoN results):
* Workshop Title
* Computer, software, and projector needs, if any
* Amount of time desired
* Do you plan to prepare a poster for the Technology Poster session?
* Do you want to make a separate presentation to education data users on
Friday afternoon?

The Technology/Interoperability Committee can provide partial travel
funding for those who would otherwise not be able to attend the
Workshops.  The Tech Workshop Web page is
http://oceanesip.jpl.nasa.gov/workshop.html .

-Rob

Rob Raskin                       raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Lab, 300-320      (818) 354-4228
Pasadena, CA 91109               (fax)(818) 393-2718