[ESIP-all] Technical Workshop at the Summer Federation Meeting

Rob Raskin raskin at seastar.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 28 15:32:32 EDT 2004

We are soliciting presentations for the next ESIP Federation Technical
Workshop, to be held at the Federation Meeting in Asheville, NC, Aug
16-18.  The purpose of the Workshop is to share our technical advances
and experiences with one another.  Topics may include: GIS, Data
Interoperability, Data Discovery, Visualization. Data Services, Web/Grid
Services, Storage Technologies, and Remote Sensing.  This event is
sponsored by the Federation Technology & Interoperability Committee.

The presentations are of two types:
Tutorial (4+  hours, held before or after the Meeting)
Overview (1-2 hours, held concurrent with the Meeting).

Please let me know if you or someone from your ESIP/REASoN is interested
in presenting at the Summer Workshop.

The Workshop is open to the public (including the NCDC community).
Attendees are asked to bring their own laptop computers and wireless
cards.  There are limited funds available to support travel expenses of
those who otherwise would be unable to attend the Workshop.  The web
sites from the past two Workshops are:
http://oceanesip.jpl.nasa.gov/workshop3.html
http://oceanesip.jpl.nasa.gov/workshop4.html

Presentation materials typically are incorporated later into the
"Technology Center" on the Federation's Web site.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Raskin                       raskin at jpl.nasa.gov
Jet Propulsion Lab, 300-320      (818) 354-4228
Pasadena, CA 91109               (fax)(818) 393-2718