[ESIP-all] ESIP Federation Summer Meeting

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Tue Aug 3 22:45:03 EDT 2004

The summer Federation meeting in Asheville, North Carolina has shaped up
to be one of our strongest meetings ever.  Hosted by NOAA's National
Climatic Data Center, the meeting will offer Federation members a
variety of sessions - a full line up of technical workshops,
education-focused sessions, GIS for science, applications and education,
plenary sessions from NOAA, NASA ESE Data Systems Working Groups and
Ocean.US.  Also featured is the annual election of the Federation's
leadership and an opportunity for you to provide your input into the
direction of the Federation through the draft strategic plan.  In all,
the agenda is strong; more than 100 people have registered; and we are
heading to one of the most beautiful small cities in the United States.

Deadlines are fast-approaching.

Hotel Deadline is Friday, August 6.  This has been extended one time and
will not be extended again.  If you have not reserved a room at the
Asheville Renaissance, please do so today.  You can reserve your room
at:    http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage.mi?marshaCode=AVLBR
(group code FSCFSCA) or call 800-468-3571.  Rooms are $99/night.  If you
miss the deadline, rooms will be assigned on an as available basis and
will be assessed the prevailing market rate ($150-$200/night)

Registration Deadline is Friday, August 6.  While our online system will
continue to take registrations beyond this date, there will be no
guarantee that all names received after this date will be printed in the
attendee directory.  Register for the meeting at:
www.esipfed.org/meeting

Opportunity Fair "Nothing Personal" Ad Deadline is Saturday, August 7.
The success of this session is dependent upon YOUR active participation.
We have heard that networking and potential collaboration opportunities
are a primary reason that people come to Federation meetings.  If this
is a reason you come, then come prepared to meet your "match."  Fill out
your "nothing personal" ad today and submit it to me.  You can download
the form & more information at the Federation's meeting website:
www.esipfed.org/meeting

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
877.870.3747.

Carol Meyer