[ESIP-all] Disaster Applications Session in San Diego

Dave Jones dave at stormcenter.com
Fri Jun 10 11:25:04 EDT 2005

Dear ESIP Members (Especially those attending the meeting next week),

During the meeting next week we will be having a focus on disasters
(Applications Breakout #3) on June 14 from 7:30pm to 9:00pm entitled
Disaster Management. I encourage any of you who have any connection to
natural and/or man-made hazard applications, data or thoughts to attend.
This should be a very informative and thought provoking session just coming
off dinner so I will make sure I bring along with me loud noises and some
disaster footage to keep you awake and ready to roll.

Food for Thought

In preparation for this session I would like you to come prepared to deliver
to me a PowerPoint slide or two (or more) identifying your involvement in
natural or man-made hazard information with regards to prediction,
production, dissemination or post-analysis so I can get my arms around
specific data types and applications that can be used to support
decision-makers. Some of this information could make its way into exciting
applications that get delivered directly to Emergency Managers via the
Internet, mobile technology, satellite and broadcasting.

I would like this session to deliver real information, have frank
discussions (not discussions about Frank) and real involvement from you as a
participant. Let's make this a very productive 1.5 hours so we can
ultimately deliver focused presentations about the capabilities of
Federation partners to address issues of potential disasters or respond
quickly in a post-disaster situation.

I look forward to your participation. Please send me an e-mail in response
if you plan to attend. I want to make sure we have a room of adequate size
to support your participation or we can just sit around the pool with a
screen and projector and talk tsunamis.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Jones
Founder, President & CEO
StormCenter Communications, Inc.
6021 University Blvd., Suite 140
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Ph: 410.203.1316
Fax: 410-203-9341
e-mail: dave at stormcenter.com
website: http://stormcenter.com/ <http://stormcenter.com/>

President, Foundation for Earth Science
Past President, Federation of Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP
Federation) http://esipfed.org

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.

received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify StormCenter Communications, Inc. immediately.