[ESIP-all] FW: AGU session on Community Approaches to Data Sharing

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Thu Sep 1 16:39:31 EDT 2005

Rich Ullman asked that this be forwarded to the Federation community...

- - - - - -
A call for papers for fall AGU  (one week left for abstracts):

At the San Francisco AGU meeting, there will be a whole track on data
systems, called the "Earth and Space Science Informatics (ESSI) Focus
Group".  As part of that focus, Siri Jodha Singh Khalsa (NSIDC) and I
are co-convening a session titled  "Community Approaches to Data
Sharing."

We are looking for papers describing approaches to practical
experiences with data sharing, whether within a tight-knit user
community, across traditional discipline boundaries, or with
non-technical users. What are the methods you employ to make your
data intelligible and easy to use by others?

Please consider submitting an abstract  (Session IN11).

Deadline for Online abstract submission is only 1 week away (8 Sept.)

http://www.agu.org

-Rich Ullman (GSFC)

P.S.  If you are not an AGU member and you need an AGU member
sponsor, please contact me.
--
Richard E. Ullman
NASA