[ESIP-all] 2007 Falkenberg nominations

Annette Schloss annette.schloss at unh.edu
Thu Sep 14 15:11:08 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

Nominations for the 2007 Charles S. Falkenberg Award through the AGU
are being accepted.  The deadline is October 15.
The winner receives a lovely piece and a monetary award (in the
$1000-1500 ballpark).

We need nominations!  The AGU will not consider giving any awards if
there are less than 3 nominees.    I am asking each of you to beat
the bushes for "young scientists (under age 45) who have made not
only an original contribution to the field of Earth science but have
also strived to achieve significant public awareness of the
importance of understanding our planet."

Nominating someone is fairly simple, it involves writing a letter to
the AGU and soliciting 3-6 other letters of support (see http://
www.agu.org/inside/awardnom.html for the complete instructions.)

Please, everyone, send this email to your colleagues, beat the
bushes, and nominate the young scientists in your organization!  We
want the Falkenberg Award to be an important, meaningful award for
the Federation, for AGU, and in Charlie's memory.

many thanks,
-Annette

Dr. Annette L. Schloss
Complex Systems Research Center