[ESIP-all] Position available at the NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center

Kenneth Casey Kenneth.Casey at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 19 00:54:12 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues:

A new federal position in my group at NODC has just been announced.
We're looking for an oceanographer with satellite data experience!
I've copied the summary of Duties for this new position, which will
be filled at the ZP-II level (GS 7-9), with promotion potential to ZP-
III (GS 11-12).  All applications are done online at http://
www.usajobs.gov.  The vacancy announcement number is:

  NSDIS-NODC-2007-0015

The closing date for this position is just a few weeks away, on
August 9, 2007, and the duty location is Silver Spring, MD.  Please
forward this information to anyone you think might be interested!

Thanks!
Ken

Major Duties:
The incumbent assists in the processing, analysis, and archiving of
satellite remote sensing data at the National Oceanographic Data
Center (NODC).  The incumbent works to develop authoritative long-
terms records of ocean parameters from multiple satellite sensors,
insure their widespread availability, and assist with their use in
scientific and operational applications.  He/She will process
satellite-based oceanographic data to create authoritative long-term
records. The incumbent develops standards-based metadata for ocean
remote sensing data and assists with its inclusion in NODC archive
systems.  He/She will document satellite-based oceanographic date
for archives. Working with academic, NOAA, NASA, and international
partners, the incumbent supports long-term stewardship activities
for space-based ocean observations with a focus on ocean
color/chlorophyll, sea surface temperature, and sea surface
topography.

Kenneth S. Casey, Ph.D.
NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center
1315 East-West Highway