[ESIP-all] fw: AGU session on Earth and Space Science Information

Carol B. Meyer carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Thu Aug 23 14:47:30 EDT 2007

		FYI

				From: Robin Pfister <rgpfister at msx.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:22 PM
To: carol.meyer at earthsciencefoundation.org
Subject: Carol, please pass along this announcement

Dear Colleagues:

American Geophysical Union meeting is being held in San Francisco CA from
December 10 -14. http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm07/

Abstract submission deadline is 6 September 2007, 2359 UT.

If you're not a member and need a sponsor number in order to submit your
abstract, let me know and I'll be glad to let you use my number. This number
only allows you to participate in AGU as a non-member. However, it's fairly
inexpensive to become a member. I think dues are $20 USD per year.

Descriptions of the Earth and Space Science Informatics (ESSI) (also
abbreviated as "IN") sessions can be found at:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm07/?content=search&show=session§ion=6&cose
ction=0&category=&keysearch=&title=1&desc=1&searchBy=sponsor

IN01: Earth and Space Science Informatics General Contribution

IN02: Collaboration and Communication via Fully Immersive 3D Virtual
Spaces or Metaverses

IN03: Frontiers in Advanced Information Systems and Earth Observation
Technology

IN04: Environmental Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications

IN05: Standards-Based Interoperability Among Tools and Data Services in
the Earth Sciences

IN06: Embracing GIS in the Earth and Planetary Sciences

IN07: Challenges for Earth Science Software Reuse

IN08: Ontology Integration: A Pressing Challenge for Earth and Space
Science Informatics

IN09: International ESSI Collaboration, Education and Outreach

IN10: Computational Technologies and Capabilities for Advancing Science
Toward Societal Benefits

IN11: Semantic Issues and Infrastructure for Next Generation Virtual
Observatories

IN12: Building Community and Governance within Earth and Space Science
Content Models

IN13: Grid Technologies and Associated Infrastructures

IN14: High Performance Computing, Simulation, Modeling and Associated
High Performance Data Analysis and Visualization

IN15: Data, Metadata and Mark-Up Languages

IN16: Visualization and Portrayal Services and Tools

IN17: Data Sources and Management for the 2007-2009 International Polar
Year

IN18: Putting Ontologies to Work: Real-World Applications in the Earth
and Space Sciences

IN19: Cyberinfrastructure to Support Large-Scale Long-Term Observation
Experiments

IN20: Analysis Techniques for Solar and Heliospheric Data

IN21: Using Geobrowsers for Science

IN22: Testing Models and Identifying Processes: New Insights and
Discoveries from Mining Geochemical and Geophysical Databases

I hope to see you at AGU.

Thx
Robin