[ESIP-all] Interim Executive Director

Charles Hutchinson chuck at Ag.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 17 15:49:10 EST 2008

Alll

As you are aware, the ESIP Federation and Foundation for Earth Science
are in a transition period.  With Dick Wertz's departure at the end of
January, The Board has asked Carol Meyer to step in as Interim Executive
Director.

Most of you know Carol as she has served as Dick Wertz's right hand
since November 2002.  Carol has worked closely with Dick on the
implementation of ESIP Federation programs and strategy and has been the
primary point of contact with ESIP Federation partners, working closely
with committees and individual members.  Along with other members of the
Foundation Board, I will be working closely with Carol to ensure a
smooth transition.

The Board is grateful to Dick Wertz for his 5 years of service to the
ESIP Federation and we wish him well with the new opportunities he is
pursuing.

Chuck Hutchinson
President
Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
Chairman
Foundation for Earth Science

(520) 621-8568