[ESIP-all] Promotion of your services and online resources at the ISRSE meeting in Stresa

Karl Benedict kbene at edac.unm.edu
Wed Feb 18 15:07:29 EST 2009

The Federation is going to have an exhibit at and a demo session for
the ISRSE meeting in Stresa in May. As part of the demo we are
developing a virtual machine on a USB stick (thanks to James Gallagher
and his CheapStix for inspiration) where we will have open source
client applications preconfigured for some ESIP Federation member
services, and a default web interface that provides links to web
resources and services hosted by your organizations.

To populate this handout we need information from YOU by March 20. I
have set up two wiki pages for you to provide information about your
services and web resources. Both pages are available from links at the
bottom of the demonstration wiki page. Here are the addresses for all
three:

The demonstration information page:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ISRSE_Stresa_ESIP_data_access_demonstration

The Services information page for you to provide your service
information:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ISRSE_2009_Service_Demonstration_Information

The Web Resources information page for you to provide information
about your web resources:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ISRSE_2009_Web_Resource_Demonstration_Information

ALSO

We would like to use the ESIP exhibit as a venue for scheduled
demonstrations from Federation member organizations. So, if you will
be at the meeting and would like to set up a demonstration in the
exhibit, please let me or Carol know so that we can work with you to
set up a time slot in the exhibit for you.

Thanks,
Karl

Karl Benedict, Ph.D.
Director, Earth Data Analysis Center
Research Assistant Professor, Geography Department
University of New Mexico

MAIL                        PARCELS
MSC 01 1110                 Bandelier West, Rm. 111
1 University of New Mexico  University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87109       Albuquerque, NM 87109

o (505) 277-3622 x234
f (505) 277-3614
m (505) 239-4115
Skype karlbenedict