[ESIP-all] G6-12 teacher workshop at the ESIP summer meeting - call for presenters

Margaret Mooney Margaret.Mooney at ssec.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 3 16:00:35 EST 2009

The ESIP Education committee is organizing a teacher workshop in
conjunction with the ESIP summer meeting in Santa Barbara.this July and
we're looking for presenters. We envision hosting 15 to 20 educators on
site and one or two groups remotely through UCSB partnerships with CENIC
(the Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California).

By facilitating connections between G6-12 educators and ESIP members we
hope to raise awareness around Federation capabilities and resources
within the broader Earth system science community.

By presenting you will
    - gain increased visibility for your data and/or tools, and
    - be able to collect feedback directly from front-line educators.

Each session will last between 60 to 90 minutes and we have both PC
computer labs and MAC computer labs available to us. The ESIP Education
committee has allocated funding for several presenter stipends in the
$400 to $500 range. If you plan to attend the summer meeting please
consider participating in this exciting debut educational event which
will commence on the afternoon following the plenary session. Depending
on response and funding, we may continue into a second day.

If you are interested in presenting please reply to this e-mail
<margaret.mooney> by March 10th with the following information:

Session Title:
Presenters Name:
Short Description:
Optimal Length: (60 or 90 minutes):