[ESIP-all] Technical Workshops for the Summer Federation Meeting

Karl Benedict kbene at edac.unm.edu
Sat Mar 7 23:45:36 EST 2009

I would like to echo Carol's invitation to the Summer Federation
meeting, it is shaping up to be an excellent meeting at a great venue.

The technical workshops component of the meeting currently consists of
eight 90-minute slots for extended presentations/discussions around
technical topics of interest to Federation members. There are as many
as two computer labs available for use for the workshops, so if you
would like to take advantage of a computer facility for your
demonstration, tutorial, or workshop, please let me know when you
contact me with your topic. I will flesh out the wiki page soon with
the submitted topics, but in the meantime, please provide the
following information about your workshop:

1) Presenter's name(s) and contact information
2) Title of the presentation
3) One paragraph abstract describing what the workshop will entail
4) Any other relevant information (are personal laptops required, will
the workshop need use of one of the computer labs, etc.)

Technical presentations are not limited to the workshops, we are also
encouraging the submission of Technology Showcase demonstrations and
Open Meeting sessions, so there are plenty of opportunities to
showcase and share your technical products, capabilities, and ideas
with the rest of the Federation membership.

Look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you in Santa Barbara.

Karl

Karl Benedict, Ph.D.
Director, Earth Data Analysis Center, University of New Mexico
Research Assistant Professor, Department of Geography

MAIL                        PARCELS
MSC 01 1110                 Bandelier West, Rm. 111
1 University of New Mexico  University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87109       Albuquerque, NM 87109

OFFICE: Bandelier West (UNM Bldg. 16), Rm. 107

o (505) 277-3622 x234
f (505) 277-3614
m (505) 230-4115