[ESIP-all] Examples of federal funding opportunities that mention data management costs

Kenneth Casey Kenneth.Casey at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 10 12:27:04 EDT 2009

Dear ESIP,

Margot Bohan (margot.bohan at noaa.gov) from NOAA's Office of
Exploration and Research (OER) asked me an interesting question...
they are getting ready to publish their annual funding announcement
and are interested in including in it clear, succinct guidance to the
PIs on how much they should include in their proposal budgets to
handle data management (submission, archive, access).   I was
wondering if any of you knew offhand of any specific ones that
included such guidance... Margot and the OER would find the inclusion
of such a statement much easier if they could base it off an existing
example.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Ken

[NOTE: The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
alone and do not necessarily reflect official NOAA, Department of
Commerce, or US government policy.]

Kenneth S. Casey, Ph.D.
Technical Director
NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center