[ESIP-all] Request for abstracts: AGU Session IN14 on Data Fusion

David Arctur darctur at opengeospatial.org
Tue Aug 4 18:42:53 EDT 2009

Dear OGC and ESIP-Fed colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract for the upcoming meeting of the
American Geophysical Union, San Francisco California, December 14-18,
2009:

Session IN14: Data Fusion: Issues, Barriers and Approaches --
Merging disparate data sources and models for multidisciplinary study
is an increasingly urgent need. Key drivers for this direction of
research include requirements for improved situational awareness; the
vital need for enhanced preparedness and swift, appropriate response
to natural and manmade disasters; global climate change; and a wide
range of other societal and environmental circumstances. Technology -
including standards - for meeting these ends has advanced rapidly, but
cultural, institutional, and related issues can impede our ability to
apply it. We welcome submissions that describe successful integrative
data analyses, with descriptions of specific solutions for overcoming
barriers and obtaining cooperation and coordination in
multidisciplinary settings.

Link to AGU Session:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/program/scientific_session_search.php?show=detail&sessid=497

Please submit your paper/poster abstract online by September 3, 2009,
see details here:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/program/abstract_submissions.php

Be sure your AGU membership is started or renewed by August 20
(details on abstract submission site).

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there!
dka
--
David K Arctur
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)