[ESIP-all] AGU Session IN 05 (Making Earth Science Data Records) - Gentle Reminder (DEADLINE Sept 3, 2009)

Ramapriyan, Hampapuram K. (GSFC-4230) hampapuram.k.ramapriyan at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 27 12:02:53 EDT 2009

All,

Please accept my apologies if you are getting this multiple times. This is just a reminder that the abstract submission deadline is fast approaching - 7 days from now (and counting!)

Here are the details of the session we had sent out earlier.

Rama.

***************************

As we did last year, we are convening a session of particular interest to all of you at the Fall AGU during December 14-18, 2009. Please see http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/ for details. The name of the session is:

IN05: Making Earth Science Data Records

The abstract for the session is given below:
U.S. federal agencies and international partners now have a long history of collecting data from spaceborne instruments and in situ data highly relevant to modeling long-term phenomena such as climate change in the Earth System. While similar measurements may be made from multiple instruments over time, it is essential to build long time series of consistently calibrated, computed and validated data. Such long time series records are called Earth System Data Records (ESDRs). Climate Data Records (CDRs) are a particular case of ESDRs.

This session provides an interdisciplinary forum for exchange of ideas on ESDR generation. Of particular interest in addition to scientific significance of ESDRs will be processes to: obtain community consensus on algorithms, generate products, allocate error estimates and describe appropriate use and limitations, and encourage usage. NASA has sponsored a Program called Making Earth System Data Records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs), with several projects active for over a year. This session provides an interdisciplinary forum for exchange of ideas on ESDR generation from this Program or similar activities. Of particular interest in addition to scientific significance of ESDRs will be processes to: obtain community consensus, generate products, and encourage usage.

We would like to encourage you to consider submitting abstracts to this session. Please note that the abstracts submission deadline is September 3, 2009.   If you have any questions please contact any of the Conveners.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best wishes,

Rama
For the conveners (Lucia Tsaoussi, Margarita Gregg, and Martha Maiden, and myself).

Dr. H. K. Ramapriyan (Rama)
ESDIS Project, Code 423, NASA GSFC, Greenbelt, MD 20771
(301)614-5356
(240)678-0398 (Cell)
(301)614-5267 (FAX)