[ESIP-all] 2010 Falkenberg Nominations -- Oct 15

Annette Schloss annette.schloss at unh.edu
Thu Sep 10 12:19:38 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I was very pleased and excited that another ESIPer received the
Charles S. Falkenberg Award and that ESIP was able to present the
award at our summer meeting.  Congratulations to Mark Parsons for
making us proud and giving a wonderful and rousing acceptance speech
for the cause!

It is now that time of year again  --- AGU is accepting nominations
for the 2010 Charles S. Falkenberg Award.   We hope many of you will
make the effort to nominate young (under 45 years old on Jan 1 of the
year of presentation) colleagues for this important award!

Basically, the nominator needs to write a letter and solicit 3-6
additional letters (at least two individuals are not to be currently
or recently associated  with the nominee’s institution of graduate
education or employment).  The nominator should contact the candidate
and get his/her CV and a bibliography.

Nominations are due October 15, 2009. Nomination packages are accepted
online or by snail mail.
Guidelines on the content of nomination and supporting letters, CV and
bibliography are described here:
http://www.agu.org/inside/medalnom_guides.html

Online Nomination Website:
https://www.agu.org/inside/honors/nomination.php

Mailing address for sending nomination packages is here (if you don't
want to do it online):
http://www.agu.org/inside/awardnom.html

Let's make sure we have great nominations as we have in the past!
thanks to everyone in advance,
-Annette

Dr. Annette L. Schloss
Complex Systems Research Center