[ESIP-all] ESIP Ed Telecon - RESCHEDULED to 12/3 (3pm ET)

Margaret Mooney Margaret.Mooney at ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 18 09:42:27 EST 2009

The ESIP Education telephone conference previously scheduled for
tomorrow has been rescheduled for Thursday December 3rd at 3pm Eastern.
We will be consolidating November & Decembers telecons at this time.

We'll primarily be discussing the winter meeting in DC (Jan 5th-7th)
and the combined climate literacy/education breakout sessions.
	http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Preliminary_agenda

Please mark your calendar for December 3rd. Meanwhile, if you're
attending the winter meeting and considering the education/climate
literacy breakout sessions two recommended readings are:
"Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens Our Future"
by Chris Mooney and Sheril Kirshenbaum (luncheon speaker on the 5th)
and
"Climate Literacy: The Essential Principles of Climate Science"
(NOAA & NSF et al.)
http://www.climate.noaa.gov/index.jsp?pg=/education/edu_index.jsp&edu=literacy