[ESIP-all] FW: President's open gov directive, new "high-value" data sets mandate

Carol Meyer carolbmeyer at esipfed.org
Wed Dec 9 21:44:56 EST 2009

All,

Please see the message below forwarded from the US GEO team via EPA.  As
part of the upcoming Winter ESIP Federation meeting, we are teaming with
USGEO to conduct usability testing of the 3 candidate portals under
consideration for this global effort.  Perhaps, more important than testing
the portals is the need to register your catalogs, components and standards
with the GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI).  You can register at
http://earthobservations.org/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to access
different parts of the GCI.  Or, come learn more at the ESIP Federation
meeting before taking this next step.  I hope you will find a way to support
this central effort.

Regards,
Carol.