[ESIP-all] Opportunity for Software Developer in Greenbelt, MD, Geospatial and Open Standards experience required.
cwhalen at innovim.com
Mon Dec 28 15:13:11 EST 2009
Software developer sought to join the staff on a project at NASA/GSFC.
The position calls for software development, Open Geospatial
specifications and Web applications experience.
Position Key Tasks And Responsibilities:
Provide programming, web application development and deployment
support for an Earth science data project at NASA/ GSFC. This work
• Advance existing Web service to provide data archive interrogation,
retrieval and processing
• Design, develop and deploy a Geospatial Web Mapping Service (WMS)
and Web Coverage Service (WCS)
• Lead deployment and software testing efforts.
• Support the existing code base and improve current functionality.
• Fix defects associated with the application and potentially
prototype new architectural features
• Interface with network and system administration staff
• Author technical documentation such as API and user manual
• Coordinate and lead client status meetings and author status reports
• Work directly with customers, end-users, and management to help
determine and solve the customer needs in the development of future
versions of project objectives
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, GIS, Remote Sensing or related
• Experience with WMS/WCS, Java, SOAP, REST, AXIS, XML
• Understanding of remote sensing and/or GIS concepts
• Experience interfacing with external customers
• Experience with OGC specification OpenSearch a preferred
• Experience with remote sensing data, technologies a preferred
• Solid grasp of relational database systems such as Postgres, MySQL
• Hands-on experience in full software development cycle
• Professional skills: ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability and desire to understand and master new technologies quickly
• Must be energetic and self-starting
• Willingness and ability to contribute to proposals to grow future
projects and tasks.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
For more information about this position, please contact Christine
Whalen at cwhalen at innovim.com
Deputy Project Manager
GSFC, Bldg 22, Room C135F
phone at GSFC: 301 286-0780
240 542-0200 (INNOVIM phone)
The power of innovation ....
Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
information of Innovim that may be confidential, proprietary,
copyrighted, privileged and/or protected work product, and is meant
solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, and have received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately; permanently delete the original and any copies of
this email and any attachments thereto.
More information about the ESIP-all