[ESIP-all] Request for the Suggestion of Climate Science Educational Resources for the CLEAN Pathway Collection of the National Science Digital Library

Tamara Ledley tamara_ledley at terc.edu
Fri Feb 12 02:00:11 EST 2010

The Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN) collection of
the National Science Digital Library (NSDL, http://www.nsdl.org) will be a
broad collection of educational resources that will help students,
teachers and citizens to improve their understanding of climate science.
Each resource in the collection will be linked to a specific essential
principle of climate science.

We are seeking nominations of resources appropriate for grades 6-16 to be
considered for inclusion in the collection
(http://www.cleanet.org/clean/suggest.html). We welcome suggestions that:
·       are directly focused on one of the essential principles or
fundamental concepts of climate science (see
http://www.climateliteracynow.org)
·       will help someone learn specifically about that essential
principle or fundamental concept.
Note that general websites addressing many aspects of climate science are
not as useful as specific activities or resources geared toward a focused
topic.  At this point resources will be prioritized for review and
acceptance into the CLEAN collection are activities focused on specific
essential principles and fundamental concepts.  At a later time we will
consider other types of resources such as those that address a broad range
of climate science (e.g. entire courses on climate science) or those that
can support the learning climate science but are not currently imbedded in
an educational context to facilitate its effective use (e.g. isolated
visualizations).

To suggest a resource, please fill out the fields at the following link (
http://www.cleanet.org/clean/suggest.html).  You can also see examples of
the kinds of resources we are seeking at this web site. Each submission
will be reviewed both scientifically and pedagogically by a panel as the
collection is assembled.  The review process and selection criteria will
be posted on our web site once it is fully established.
If you have any questions please contact Tamara Ledley (Tamara_Ledley at
terc.edu) or Mark McCaffrey (Mark.McCaffrey at colorado.edu).  Thank you
very much for your contribution to our efforts.
The CLEAN Project Team

Tamara Shapiro Ledley, PhD
Senior Scientist, TERC
2067 Massachusetts Ave