[ESIP-all] FW: OMB/OSTP Request for a Detailee to support Data.gov

Wilson, Bruce E. wilsonbe at ornl.gov
Mon Mar 22 22:09:39 EDT 2010

An announcement (below) that went out to USGEO and came to me through a colleague.  Forwarding out to ESIP, in case you, or someone you know would be a qualified candidate.   Apologies for those who are also on the USGEO list.

Bruce E. Wilson (wilsonbe at ornl.gov<mailto:wilsonbe at ornl.gov>)
Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
(office) +1-865-574-6651

SUBJECT: ACTION REQUEST - DETAILEE FOR OPEN GOVERNMENT AND DATA.GOV<http://DATA.GOV>

Hello,

As we increase the availability of government data to the public, we need to be careful to protect national/homeland security and to safeguard privacy and confidentiality.   We seek your assistance in identifying  the right person to help evaluate and enhance Federal data dissemination guidelines and their implementation with Open Government initiatives, including Data.gov<http://Data.gov>, in the age of easy "mashups," and in the context of competing goals.

This is a unique leadership opportunity, working on the leading edge of Open Government and supporting a transformation of the public sector. Career employees in good standing, including those in Senior Executive Service or other development programs, are encouraged to apply.

The attached position description describes the role and targeted qualifications. Interested candidates should email a letter of interest outlining relevant skills and experience, as well as a resume, to Margo Schwab and Kshemendra Paul, co-chairs of OMB's Data.gov<http://Data.gov> Senior Advisory Group, via fea at omb.eop.gov<mailto:fea at omb.eop.gov>; Phone: 202.395.0379.

We are accepting nominations immediately through close of business Tuesday April 6, 2010, with a six to nine month detail starting shortly thereafter.

Sincerely,

Cass Sunstein
Administrator, OIRA

Vivek Kundra
Federal CIO

Helen M. Wood

NOAA GEOSS Integration Manager &

Senior Advisor, NOAA Satellite and Information Service

SSMC1, Room 7417

1335 East-West Highway

Silver Spring, MD 20910-3282  USA

1-301-713-1140 x250 (office)  1-301-713-1129 (fax)

1-301-466-5356 (mobile)

Email:    helen.wood at noaa.gov<mailto:helen.wood at noaa.gov>