[ESIP-all] ESIP IT & Interop Telecon May 052010 at 01:00 PM CST: Finally a Rave!

Dr. Rahul Ramachandran rramachandran at itsc.uah.edu
Fri Apr 30 17:30:24 EDT 2010

All:
After a few rants we will finally have a rave session. Xing Zhangfan
will rave about the benefits "Pomegranate" and its usefulness to ESIP
data producers and consumers.

Agenda for the Telecon:
1. Rave by Xing Zhangfan NASA/JPL entitled “Pomegranate - Its Health
Benefits and Possible Side Effects”

2. ESIP Summer Meeting Technical Workshops
- Status of Climate Modeling?
- Mobile Computing moved to Posters
- Review of the current schedule
- Links:
Agenda:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/July_20,_2010
Workshops
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2010_Technical_Workshops

3. Interoperability Standards Outreach Package Development – Status

Xing’s Abstract:

Pomegranate is an open source python application that exposes science
data stores, such as HDF and NetCDF files, in the web way. It implements
the Webification-Science (w10n-sci) API. The core idea of webification
(w10n) is to make inner components of a data store directly addressable
and accessible via well-defined and meaningful URLs. We will discuss the
nascent w10n-sci API, demo a Pomegranate-powered RESTful web service,
and elaborate on how this enabling technology can lead to powerful Earth
Science applications.

Call in Information:

1. Please join my meeting, Wednesday, May 05 at 01:00 PM CDT.
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/297330488

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial 646-558-2104
Access Code: 297-330-488
Meeting ID: 297-330-488

GoToMeeting®

best,
Rahul

--

Rahul Ramachandran Ph.D.
Deputy Editor -  Earth Science Informatics [ESIN]