[ESIP-all] AGU Session on Information Fusion: Issues, Barriers and Approaches

George Percivall gpercivall at opengeospatial.org
Wed Aug 11 09:37:27 EDT 2010

As conveners we are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for Session IN17: "Information Fusion: Issues, Barriers and Approaches."

The session description is provided below.  The session is part of the AGU Earth and Space Science Informatics track.

The session will be part of the Fall 2010 American Geophysical Union Meeting December 13-17 in San Francisco, California.
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/

Abstracts are now being accepted and are due by 02 September 2010 – 2359 Eastern Daylight Time
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/abstract_submissions.php

Please consider submitting an abstract and forwarding this announcement to potentially interested colleagues.

Regards,
George, Stefano, Peter, Simon

____________________________________

AGU 2010 Session IN17: Information Fusion: Issues, Barriers and Approaches

Session Description:
Merging disparate data sources and models for multidisciplinary study is an increasingly urgent need.  Key drivers for this direction of research include requirements for improved situational awareness; the vital need for enhanced preparedness and swift, appropriate response to natural and manmade disasters; global climate change; and a wide range of other societal and environmental circumstances. Technology - including standards - for meeting these ends has advanced rapidly, but cultural, institutional, and related issues can impede our ability to apply it. We welcome submissions that describe successful integrative approaches in various categories of fusion - data, object/feature, and decision - that overcome barriers and obtain cooperation and coordination in multidisciplinary settings.

Conveners: George Percivall, Stefano Nativi, Peter Fox, Simon Cox

Session Track:  Earth and Space Science Informatics (IN)

AGU Index terms:
1900 – Informatics
1910 - Data assimilation, integration and fusion
1920 - Emerging informatics technologies
1904 - Community standards

Cosponsors:
Atmospheric Sciences

Biogeosciences