[ESIP-all] Job ad : Biodiversity Project Manager, VA
pvanek at iiaweb.com
Wed Aug 18 15:05:29 EDT 2010
Biodiversity Project Manager
Falls Church, VA
Under general supervision and direction manages a variety of well
defined biodiversity projects in support of United States Geological
Survey (USGS) efforts at the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI).
• Responsible for overall project performance and quality in the
production of deliverables in accordance with project purposes.
• Interfaces with USGS management personnel, quality assurance
personnel, and customer agency representatives.
• Formulates and enforces work standards.
• Serves as first line manager for staff working on the Program under
• Assigns and schedules staff and other resources to meet customer requirements.
• Oversees technical execution and performs general cost, budget, and
schedule management activities.
• Develops reports in accordance with client and contract requirements.
• Assists in developing additional business opportunities with
DOI/USGS, both in the biodiversity space and other areas.
• Develops white papers, proposals, briefings in support of business
• Coordinates with other PMs to diversify services provided to our clients.
• Any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent
to completion of a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Economics or
related discipline. Graduate degree a plus.
• Minimum of 3-5 years Project Management experience. PMP a plus.
• Experience working on biodiversity related programs.
• Experience managing a diverse workforce and staff that reside on client site.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing
member of a team.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time across a range of
projects while working with multiple colleagues and partners.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to communicate complex biodiversity issues clearly.
• Previous experience in government contracting specifically with the
USGS or DOI.
• Must be a self starter, be able to work independently.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
IIa is and EEO/AA employer
More information about the ESIP-all