[ESIP-all] Monday Updates: #JPEQ Follow-up | Call for Papers - EIM | Summer Meeting Planning | New P&S Chair

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Mar 14 11:54:12 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I thought when we sprang forward this weekend for daylight savings time it
meant that we were moving toward spring and the worst of winter was behind
us. I woke up to snow this morning in St. Louis.

Updates from the ESIP community:

1. Thank you to all who sent (or added to the wiki) links to Earth science
resources pertaining to the the Japanese earthquake that happened on
Friday.  Contributions came from Pacific Data Center, IRIS, Scripps
Oceanographic Institute, NOAA, USGS, JPL/CalTech and others. A wiki
page<http://bit.ly/fGKG3c> was
set up as a first step. Any ideas on increasing the collaborative harvesting
of resources would be great. Right now it is just a list of data, a
potential next step could be analysis/synthesis. Maybe real-time decision
support?

2. There were two notes this week about the Environmental Information
Management 2011 Conference <https://eim.ecoinformatics.org/eim2011> call for
papers and birds of a feather. For details see the EIM
website<https://eim.ecoinformatics.org/eim2011/eim-2011-main/eim-cfp>
.

3. Summer Meeting <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting>-
If you have a technical
workshop<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Technical_Workshop_Best_Practices>idea
for the summer meeting please let Rahul Ramachandran (
Ramachandran at ornl.gov) know as soon as possible. There is a wiki page for open
meetings <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Open_meeting_planning_resources>ideas
as well. The Visioneers group is currently meeting every two weeks
with the next call, next Monday at 2 EST. If you have ideas this is a great
way to get them incorporated.

4. Products and Services
Committee<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Products_and_Services>has
a new chair, Ken Keiser, UAH. Their first telecon this year will be
this
Wednesday, March 16 at 2pm EST.

*Telecons this week: *
Visualization <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Visualization>, Today, 2pm
EST
Products and Services<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Products_and_Services>,
Wednesday, 2pm EST
Education <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Education>, Thursday, 2pm EST

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: