[ESIP-all] Monday Updates: ESIP Education - ESIP Student Fellows, Sally Ride Follow-up Call, Teacher Workshop at Summer Meeting

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Mar 28 08:58:10 EDT 2011

Hi All,

This week the ESIP update theme is education and outreach.

*ESIP Student Fellows<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ESIP_Student_Fellows>
*: This week I am excited to share the ESIP Student Fellowship
application<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/ESIP_Student_Fellows>.
ESIP
Fellows will be graduate students or post docs with a research interest that
aligns to one of the clusters, work groups or committees. If you have any
feedback on the application, would like a student fellow for your group or
know of students that would be ideal candidates please let me know!

*Sally Ride Workshop Follow-up
Webinar<https://www.sallyridescience.com/for_educators/institutes/11climate/webinar>
:* Tonight, we are excited to host the Sally Ride Workshop Follow-up
Webinar: Staying Connected to Climate Change  at 7 EST. Learn more about
climate data resources during this 1-hour webinar featuring demonstrations
of web-based activities and a peer-support network to keep current on tools
to teach climate change science. The call will feature CIMMS, MyNASAData and
the ESIP Teacher Wiki.

*Summer Meeting Highlight: Teacher Workshop
<http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/teacherworkshop/esip/>
*
With support from NOAA, the ESIP education committee will host regional
science teachers at a workshop in conjunction with the ESIP summer meeting
where they can learn about efforts to study and steward our planet.Educators
can register for the event (and reserve a $200 stipend) by visiting
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/teacherworkshop/esip/

*Telecons:*
Because this is the fifth week of the month, there are no telecons
scheduled!

Have a good week!
Erin

P.S. Reminder: If you are planning a breakout session or workshop, fill out
this request form <http://bit.ly/g6zBIh>.

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: