[ESIP-all] "NASA launches contest for apps to mine its databases"

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 7 16:31:16 EDT 2011

Steve,
  I'm glad you posted this to ESIP.  These kinds of challenges have been very successful in a number of areas in getting high-quality, novel products and results for very small outlays of money.  It might be something worth thinking about for ESIP.  It's actually similar to our Funding Fridays, but would perhaps be open to a much broader community.
  (We had Peter Corbett, who specializes in running these kinds of challenges, give a talk here at GSFC about it: http://istcolloq.gsfc.nasa.gov/Fall2010/speaker/corbett.html).

On Apr 7, 2011, at 2:44 PM, <Young.Steve at epamail.epa.gov> wrote:

> (My apologies if I am unwittingly duplicating notice here.)
>
> This sounds pretty cool and likely of interest to the ESIP community.
> Short article here:
>
> http://gcn.com/articles/2011/04/05/nasa-app-writing-contest.aspx?s=gcndaily_060411
>
> Website here:
>
> http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=ProjectDetail&pj=30016974
>
> Notice that you only have to 18 April to register if interested. Cheers,
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Young
> Senior Advisor
> US EPA, Office of Environmental Information
> 202-566-0608
> young.steve at epa.gov

Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185