[ESIP-all] Monday Updates: Last Call Summer Meeting Notes | Telecons this week | ESIP News

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Jun 27 08:43:00 EDT 2011

Hi All -

Two weeks(!) until the summer meeting and It is shaping up to be a great
meetin<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting_-_Session_Details>g
(Thanks to Rob Raskin for grouping similarly-themed sessions!) This is the
week of 'last call' meeting items, deadline for these items is *Tuesday
(tomorrow, 6/28), 9am EDT*:

   - Sign-up to do a poster or demo. There are already 38 signed up and we
   have 8 spots left. Sign-up is on the registration
form.<http://www.regonline.com/register/checkin.aspx?MethodId=0&eventsessionId=660532d9cbc447f9b986eff2ca551a61&eventID=961862&UseNewSecurity=true>

   - Submit Abstracts for posters or
demos<http://www.regonline.com/register/checkin.aspx?MethodId=0&eventsessionId=660532d9cbc447f9b986eff2ca551a61&eventID=961862&UseNewSecurity=true>
   .
   - Make changes to the
agenda<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting#Agenda_by_Day>.
   [Note: On Tuesday morning we will freeze the
agenda<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting#Agenda_by_Day>,
   so that we can work on the printed materials.]
   - Confirm with Carol you are going Friday field
trip<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting#Off-Site_Activities>
participants
   (carolbmeyer at esipfed.org). We have a field trip wait list, email me if
   you want to be on it.

A few other notes: Keep thinking of FUNding
Friday<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/FUNding_Friday>ideas.
Clusters, workgroups, this is a great way to get seed money before
you request a formal budget (previous
winners<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Cool_Creations>).
Students can submit FUNding Friday ideas even if they are not at the
meeting. Be on the lookout for an email from Bruce Caron about his new
digital meeting poster service.

*Telecons this week<https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1>
: *
** Semantic Web <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web> - Tues, 1-2
EDT (NOTE NEW TIME)*
* Info Quality <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Information_Quality> -
Tues, 3-4 EDT
* Decisions <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Decisions> - Wed, 3-4 EDT

*News from Around the Federation: *
- List of *AGU sessions* sponsored or co-sponsored by ESIP members:
http://www.delicious.com/tag/fallagu+ESIPFed

- Last week's NOAA EDMC Conference was great. *Opening and closing plenary
session recordings* have been uploaded to Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/album/1630416 <http://vimeo.com/>

- *Check out the **Terra Viva SEDAC Viewer*, a map viewer and standalone
software application, has been updated for 2011 with the addition of several
new SEDAC data sets, including climate change scenario data and indicator
collections with hundreds of variables. *Terra Viva* contains map data and
GIS functions in one package. An excellent tool for educators, as well as
for researchers and analysts working in diverse areas, *Terra Viva *has a
library of maps organized by theme, a Gazeteer geographic locator, and can
create dynamic color-coded maps and customizable maps and charts, among
other features. I t was produced in collaboration
betweenISciences<http://www.terraviva.net/> and
the NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center
(SEDAC<http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/>)
operated by CIESIN. For more information or to order a free DVD, go to
http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/terraVivaUserWeb/.<http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/terraVivaUserWeb/>

- 2nd Call for papers are solicited for a Special Issue of IEEE
J-STAR<http://www.grss-ieee.org/jstars-special-issue-on-interoperability-architectures-and-arrangements-for-multi-disciplinary-earth/>
S* *on* **“**Interoperability architectures and arrangements for
multi-disciplinary Earth Observation systems and applications**”*.

- Any news you'd like to be included in this section? Send me an email.

Have a good week!

Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: