[ESIP-all] AGU 2011 Fall Meeting Session: "IN03: Applications of ISO Metadata Models to Earth Science Data"

Armstrong, Edward M (388M) Edward.M.Armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 8 17:45:35 EDT 2011

Dear ESIP Friends and Colleagues,

I invite you submit an abstract to an AGU 2011 session devoted to ISO metadata for earth science data including satellite data.
IN03: Applications of ISO Metadata Models to Earth Science Data

Description: The ISO/TC211 abstract standards for metadata (ISO 19115 and friends) are finding increasing usage in developing next-generation metadata models describing Earth science data. This session will highlight the experiences of implementers and users of the ISO 191xx standards for geospatial metadata, including practical demonstrations, implementation examples, and authoring tools. We seek implementation experience as it relates to describing Earth science data services, data quality, processing history and provenance, in addition to other metadata characteristics. The goal of the session is to share expertise within the informatics community on this subject including the benefits and the challenges of adopting an ISO metadata framework.

Sponsor: Earth and Space Science Informatics (IN)
Co-Sponsor(s): None

Convener(s):

1. Edward Armstrong
Jet Propulsion Laboratory