[ESIP-all] ESIP Energy & Climate Cluster Sessions - July 13th and July 15th (in person or via WebEx)

Kumar, Shailendra (IS) Shailendra.Kumar at ngc.com
Sat Jul 9 14:43:39 EDT 2011

**Please excuse cross-postings**

All,

We would like to invite you to  participate in two renewable energy-related sessions that will take place at the Federation of Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) summer meeting, to be held 12-15 July in Santa Fe. The agenda and the abstracts for the July 13th session are available on the ESIP Energy and Climate Cluster page at:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Energy_and_Climate

One of the focuses of this session is wind energy siting, both on- and off-shore. Several of the presentations are focused on sources of data, techniques, and tools for their use by the wind energy industry, as well as an emphasis on climate change impacts on energy demand and implications for siting. The presentations will also be posted at this website shortly.

On Friday July 15th morning, a special session will be held to discuss a proposed ESIP-sponsored project on "Wind energy siting data and decision tools coordination and partnerships". We'd certainly welcome your input and participation in this activity. By increasing the use, usability, and value of the these data and tools, the ESIP Federation aims to pave the way for science data and information to be used by people concerned about the health of our planet.

Realizing that in-person participation for some members may be difficult to arrange at this late date, we will have call-in capability on both the day of the presentations (Wednesday, 13 July) and the day of discussion of the project proposal (Friday, 15 July). Here is the access information for the Energy and Climate Sessions at the ESIP Summer Meeting:

Call-in details:
1-877-669-3239
Attendee Access code: 23117220#
* To link voice and web, start the web portion first and then call-in second.

To Join the web portion of the meeting:
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1

1. Click join next to the Energy and Climate Cluster meeting name.
    (Note: If the meeting has not yet started, join will not be visible, and it will say 'Display Info'. Wait a minute and refresh screen)
2. Enter your name and email address
3. If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23117220 with no spaces or #.

Further details regarding the ESIP Summer meeting may be found at:

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2011_Meeting.

Looking forward to your participation.

Best Regards,

Dr. Shailendra Kumar, Co-Chair, ESIP Energy and Climate Cluster
Director - Science, Engineering, and Technology
Environment Initiative
Northrop Grumman Information Systems
Cell: 512-431-8118
Email: Shailendra.Kumar at ngc.com<mailto:Shailendra.Kumar at ngc.com>

Dr. Richard Eckman, Co-Chair, ESIP Energy and Climate Cluster
Manager, Atmospheric Composition Modeling and Analysis Program
Acting Manager, Climate Element, Applied Sciences Program
Earth Science Division, Science Mission Directorate
NASA Headquarters
Mail Suite 3B74
Washington, DC 20546-0001 USA
 202-358-2567 (HQ Office)