[ESIP-all] Monday Updates: Ignite @ AGU | ESIP Winter Meeting Sessions | Drush Maintainer on Drupal Cluster Call Wed
erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Oct 17 10:39:33 EDT 2011
Hi All -
October is flying by! Here is the weekly update of what's going on around
- ESIP is hosting an Ignite event <http://ignite.oreilly.com/> at AGU,
Wednesday, Dec. 7, 6-8pm, similar to the Summer Meeting Ignite (20 slides, 5
mins, auto advance - go!). Stay tuned for details will follow this week.
- Final week to* submit ESIPFed Winter Meeting session
*. The theme of the meeting is "Connections Through Collaboration:
Engaging Community Throughout the Data Life Cycle", so sessions that are
connected to other groups you work with outside ESIP are welcome. Deadline
for submission is Oct. 21. Winter Meeting registration will open next
- *Martha Maiden Award Nomination Reminder* - We are accepting
nominations for the Martha Maiden Award. This award honors individuals who
have demonstrated leadership, dedication and a collaborative spirit in
advancing the field of Earth Science information.
- On the *ESIPFed Blog* <http://esipfed.org/blog> last week:
- Did you miss the IT&I Rants/Raves Seminar? Watch the presentations
from Jerry Pan and Chris
- Meet the Student
Eric Rozell (RPI, supports Discovery) and Tom Narock (UMD-BC/NASA,
supports Semantic Web) were featured.
- Note: If you have post ideas please let me know - member highlights,
interviews, community updates from other related groups, ESIP
cluster/committee/work group news, ... Subscribe via
- *Telecons this week* <http://esipfed.org/telecons>:
- Earth Science Collaboratory and Visioneers - Today
- Drupal Cluster w/ Drush presentation from Owen
Drush maintainer - Wednesday
- Education - Thursday
Have a great week!
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all