[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Maiden Award Nominations | Ignite @ AGU | ESIP Member Sessions at AGU

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Oct 24 13:11:48 EDT 2011

Hi All -

A few updates for the week:

   - *Last week to submit a Martha Maiden Award Nomination* - We are
   accepting nominations for the Martha Maiden Award through Friday of this
   week.  This award honors individuals who have demonstrated leadership,
   dedication and a collaborative spirit in advancing the field of Earth
   Science information. (Details <http://esipfed.org/martha-maiden-award>).

   - *Ignite @ AGU <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Ignite@AGU>  -* We
   need presenters! The theme for the 2011 Ignite at AGU meeting will be
   focused on applied Earth science. Presentations should address the Earth
   Science goals in the 2010 Science
Plan<http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2010/08/30/2010SciencePlan_TAGGED.pdf>
for
   NASA’s Science Mission Directorate. More importantly, it creatively
   addresses the Science Mission Directorate’s need to “bring together members
   of the scientific communities relevant to NASA in order to expose
   investigators to new subject areas." This is not your regular AGU
   presentation - push the limits, be creative, outrageous and
inspiring. *Submit
   a deck of no more than 10 slides to me, erinrobinson at esipfed.org, by
   November 10th to throw your hat in the ring. Decisions on the final slate of
   talks will be made by Nov. 20th.

   *
   - *Are you leading/attending/presenting a session at AGU that you'd like
   to promote? *Will you send me the title of your session by Friday, so
   that I can compile a calendar of sessions of interest. We will have a flyer
   at the AGU ESSI table and this list will be included. Thanks in advance!

*Telecons this week <http://esipfed.org/telecons>: *Cloud Computing (now);
Semantic Web (Tues), Winter Meeting Theme Coordination (Tues); Decisions
(Wed) and Data Mgmt Short Course (Thurs).

Have a good week!

Erin  * *

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: