[ESIP-all] Donations and words of condolences on behalf of Greg

Kempler, Steven J. (GSFC-5860) steven.j.kempler at nasa.gov
Tue Jan 17 21:32:15 EST 2012

Hi All,
Again, apologies to those not familiar with Greg...bear with me, please.

Many folks expressed a desire to donate to a charity on Greg's behalf.  Not having a 'favorite' charity, Greg's wife, Masha, expressed much gratitude to anyone who wishes to donate to the Leptoukh Children savings, in memory of their father.  Greg's daughter, Olya, is a young professional starting out in New York, and Daniel, in high school, has college a head of him.

For those who wish to donate, Mary Wallace here at GSFC will be collecting.  Please make checks payable to her.   Her address is:

Mary Wallace
Code 610.2
NASA/GSFC
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771

Please include your e-mail address and mailing address so we can pass them along to Masha.

Of course, folks at GSFC can stop by B32, S160 with check or cash.

Also, I have been receiving a great number of expressions of condolences which I will be compiling in a book format to provide to the family.  I don't think Masha and the family realize the huge number of colleagues Greg had, and the great care they had for him.  If anybody else wishes to express their feelings, please e-mail me and I will include it.

One more thing:  We will be having a memorial service in the next week or two, here at GSFC.  Obviously, those far probably won't make it, but all are invited.  More information coming.

Please pass the message a long and... Thank you all, Steve