[ESIP-all] photo/image alignment algorithms?

Kevin Ward kevin at eyeonclimate.com
Tue Feb 14 13:58:06 EST 2012

Hi Annette,

I have played around with this open source package in the past and I
think it would probably work well for Picture Post-type images:

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

It is very powerful (read: many ways to hang yourself) but you can run
it both from the GUI or the command line. Here is a brief description
of how to do the basic auto-align from the command line (see the first
answer):

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/12724/what-open-source-software-for-auto-alignment-of-photographs

Kevin

Kevin Ward