[ESIP-all] Fwd: New Source of Funding for Research Projects

Brian Wee bwee at neoninc.org
Wed Feb 15 11:58:23 EST 2012

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matt Salzberg <matt at petridish.org<mailto:matt at petridish.org>>
Subject: New Source of Funding for Research Projects
Date: February 9, 2012 4:57:53 PM PST
To: naupaka at gmail.com<mailto:naupaka at gmail.com>

Petridish.org<http://Petridish.org> is looking for researchers with interesting project proposals who want to share their work with the world and raise money for their research.

We’re a passionate community of science-lovers and researchers.  Our mission is to increase the funding available to science by engaging the public in new discoveries. Researchers share information about their work on our website, where the public has the opportunity to donate to individual projects.  With your help, we are pioneering a completely new way to fund research.

Our first class of hand-picked projects is launching soon and we’re accepting applications.  Once chosen, you will have the opportunity to create and post a short video about your work targeted at the general public.  We will feature high-level overviews of the projects seeking funding on our website and in our media coverage.   Donors contribute to specific projects for the opportunity to build relationships with researchers including frequent updates on their work, and to receive small tokens of appreciation.

Applications are welcome from all disciplines including Astronomy, Archeology, Social Science, Biology, Health, Medicine and more.  Furthermore, while we welcome applications regarding project of all sizes, we are particularly interested in receiving applications for smaller, discrete projects.

It only takes a few minutes to apply.  If interested, please contact matt at petridish.org<mailto:matt at petridish.org> for more information.

Brian Wee, Ph.D.<http://www.neoninc.org/about/staff/brian-wee>
Chief of External Affairs
National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON), Inc.
c/o Smithsonian Institution
1100 Jefferson Drive SW, Suite 3123, MRC 705
Washington, D. C. 20560-0001
http://www.neoninc.org
Phone: 202-370-7891<tel:202-370-7891>
Fax: 202-204-0128<tel:202-204-0128>