[ESIP-all] FW: My visit to Rob (JPL's Rosanna Sumagaysay Aouda)

Zlotnicki, Victor (3240) victor.zlotnicki at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 27 22:03:10 EST 2012

From: Sumagaysay, Rosanna M (3880-Affiliate)
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 5:06 PM
To: Armstrong, Edward M (388M); podaac-all
Cc: Kay-Im, Elizabeth Y (3880); Zlotnicki, Victor (3240); Johnson, Elizabeth M (172F-Affiliate); Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
Subject: My visit to Rob

Hi,

I stopped by the Hospital to see Rob this morning before coming in to work.  I was fortunate enough to meet his loving sister Lisa Steele.  She helped me with the gown and gloves before we entered his room.   As Victor said, he looked peaceful.  I quickly held his warm hand and began to talk to him about all the well wishes, positive energies and prayers everyone have been sending via all forms of communication.  Lisa informed me that he is no longer in sedation and hopes to get some positive responses.  He is still with a respirator and is scheduled for tracheotomy today or tomorrow and will possibly move to a different room.  She will send updates when this happens.  I stayed for almost an hour.  While Lisa was away with a Hospital staff, I stayed and talked to him about my visit to Washington for I found out that he had just recently visited Lisa in Washington State.  I told him a story about being at the San Juan Islands and seeing Orca pods at the peak of their  migration season.  I described how beautiful, peaceful and playful they were for such intimidating mammals.  I told him that I'm sharing this story with him in hopes that when he wakes up he can share his vacation experiences with us.

I know that Rob enjoyed my company for that hour even if for the most part it was a semi-quiet room with a faint of classical music playing in the background.

Lisa truly appreciates all the visits from his friends and colleagues and hopes that more can come by.  Rob would love to hear from you.

Regards,
Rosanna.