[ESIP-all] RIP Rob Raskin, 1957-2012

Glenn Rutledge glenn.rutledge at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 5 09:23:19 EST 2012

All-
I would just like to add my condolences to Rob's family and write this to
ease my sadness of Rob's early passing.
Rob was a gentle soul, quite and so very much respected to all that knew
him. His contributions to the Global Organization for Earth Systems Portals
(GO-ESSP) recently is greatly appreciated.  He energy and intellect will be
greatly missed.
Glenn

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Kempler, Steven J. (GSFC-5860) <
steven.j.kempler at nasa.gov> wrote:

>  Ed,
> Thanks so very much for being the messenger.  Echoing the words of others,
> my spin is the remembrance of a really good man, a team builder, and the
> glue the helped keep us together.    Rob quietly contributed to the
> Federation in ways that were beyond his immediate interests:  The interests
> of all of us.  I always saw him as the person who took care of people, took
> care needs of the Federation, was fair, level headed, and mentoring... a
> true leader.
>
> He will always be a really good man.
>
> By deepest condolences to Rob’s family and close friends during this very
> sad time.  Steve
>

> On 3/3/12 1:28 AM, "Armstrong, Edward M (388M)" <
> Edward.M.Armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
> HI folks,
>
> Its me again. With some unfortunate news ......
>
> Rob passed away at around 8 pm Pacific Time.  I was not there but his
> sister and a few friends were nearby.  He passed on peacefully with little
> or no suffering.
>
> Lisa wants everyone to know she really appreciates their heartfelt
> support, prayers and thoughts.  The get well cards some of you signed were
> read to Rob in the last 24 hours as were other messages such as emails and
> FB posts over the last days. We really really appreciate the support.
>
> I will be offline over the weekend.  I will send another update Monday
> sometime.
>
> Rest easy tonight, Rob. You will be missed. Peace and blessings.
>
> regards,
>
> -ed
>
> Ed Armstrong
> JPL Physical Oceanography DAAC
> 818 519-7607

> ----------------
> Steve Kempler
> NASA/GSFC Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC),
> Code 610.2
> 301-614-5765
> Steven.J.Kempler at nasa.gov

Glenn K. Rutledge