[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Grateful for Rob Raskin's life

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Mar 5 14:32:06 EST 2012

Dear ESIP -

It is hard to go on as normal when faced with loss - everything that I had
planned for today's update can wait until next week and more than that it
seems trivial in comparison. In lieu of a Monday update, I wanted to
continue remembering Rob.

In '*The Tipping Point*', Malcolm Gladwell describes two types of people
necessary for idea propagation: (1) mavens or experts and (2) connectors,
who have an above average number of people in their network. Rob was both
of these rolled into one - significant expertise and vision combined with a
community-oriented approach to move his ideas forward. I am grateful for
Rob's life, his kind spirit that unassumingly nurtured the ESIP community
and for the legacy he left.  I'm also grateful for this community that has
pulled together and offered up their memories and condolences for the
second time in too few weeks.

Rob, as many have said over the last few days, you will be sorely missed.

Best -
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: