[ESIP-all] Details on Rob Raskin's memorial

Bob Chen bchen at ciesin.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 6 22:29:33 EST 2012

Ed--

Thanks so much for keeping all of us informed during this difficult
period. We know it must be especially sad not only for his family but
also for those of you who worked with him for so long.

All of us here at CIESIN, especially those of us who have worked with
Rob through the ESIP Federation and various NASA activities and
proposals, send our deepest sympathies to Lisa and the rest of his
family and to you and your colleagues at JPL. Like many others, we
were always impressed by Rob's quiet dedication and focus, as well as
his many contributions to the emerging field of Earth and space
science informatics. But I've also just discovered from his Facebook
page that he also had a range of other interests and activities, and
was a valued member of other communities. His absence will be deeply
felt by all, I'm sure.

Regards, Bob

*****
Dr. Robert S. Chen
Director, Center for International Earth Science Information Network
  (CIESIN), The Earth Institute, Columbia University
Manager, NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC)
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
tel. +1 845-365-8952; fax +1 845-365-8922
e-mail: bchen at ciesin.columbia.edu