[ESIP-all] Details of Rob Raskins Memorial

Shirley Baros sbaros at edac.unm.edu
Fri Mar 9 16:32:37 EST 2012

Hello All,

I am a member of the group with Dr. Benedict at the Earth Data Analysis
Center, and I want to say "THANK YOU" to those of you who choose to donate
to JDRF.  My daughter, Arianna, was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes just
before her third birthday.  She has been living with the complications of
diabetes for over ten years.  She is thirteen years old now, does
extremely well academically and is active in year-round completive sports.
Having said that, without the support of JDRF locally and the
breakthroughs in research and medical equipment on a national level, I am
certain her outcome would be much different.  I am sharing our family's
experience with the group, not to detract from the important message
regard the celebration of Rob's life, but to know that even in his death a
young life will be touched.

Warm regards,

Shirley

Shirley V. Baros, GISP