[ESIP-all] Fwd: Union Medals, Awards, Prize Nomination Submissions Extended until 30 March 2012

Annette Schloss annette.schloss at unh.edu
Tue Mar 20 11:05:26 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

 please consider nominating your younger colleagues (under 45 years old) for the Falkenberg Award.  It is a fairly easy and straight forward process (see http://sites.agu.org/honors/medals-awards/charles-s-falkenberg-award/).  ESIP has had very strong candidates and winners in the past.

thank-you,
-Annette Schloss

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Beth Paredes <EParedes at AGU.ORG>
> Subject: Union Medals, Awards, Prize Nomination Submissions Extended until 30 March 2012
> Date: March 19, 2012 7:15:50 PM EDT
> To: <FALKENBERG at listserv.agu.org>
>
> Dear committee members:
>
> After going through all nomination submissions received for the Union medals, awards, and prizes, as of 16 March, we have decided to extend the deadline for another two weeks due to lack of nominations received.   The deadline will be extended until Friday, 30 March 2012.
> AGU staff will work diligently to still submit these packages to all selection committees by April 20th, to start the deliberation and evaluation process.
>
> Announcement on this extension will be sent out through all AGU mediums immediately.
>
> We are encouraging all selection committees to be proactive in soliciting nominations through your committee member contacts.  Please work with your Sections and Focus Group committees to increase the number of viable candidates in underrepresented groups.
>
> With your support, we are hoping that more nominations will be received in the next two weeks.
>
> Best regards,
> Beth

> Beth Paredes
> Assistant Director, Executive Operations & Awards Administration
> Executive Office
> Ext: 500
> Office: 5-34

> ,