[ESIP-all] Fwd: CAN YOU HELP WITH HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT QUESTIONS?

Annette Schloss annette.schloss at unh.edu
Wed Mar 28 14:22:37 EDT 2012

Hi ESIP Folks,

  any of you educators, climate or polar scientists, please take a quick look at these questions from a high schooler and give me your thoughts.  I received this email and am not a climate scientist (and can't reach my colleague in Alaska).  The questions are interesting for us at ESIP to consider but very broad.  Any help with crafting answers is greatly appreciated!

many thanks,
-Annette

Begin forwarded message:

> From: clark4 at myfairpoint.net
> Subject: CAN YOU HELP WITH HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT QUESTIONS?
> Date: March 27, 2012 9:09:10 AM EDT
> To: annette.schloss at unh.edu
>

> Hello,
>
> My name Hannah Clark. I am a sophomore at Conant High School in Jaffrey, NH.
>
> I am working on a project about melting polar ice caps and one aspect is to have a conversation via email with an expert.
> I have tried to contact others, but, am finding it difficult to get a reply and the deadling is approaching quickly! (March 29th)
>
> Would you be willing to a few questions via email?
>
> Any help you can give would be greatly appreciate!!!, he answers can be brief, no need to go into great detail.
>
> 1. Which environmental systems (climate, biological, human) will be most impacted by the melting of the ice caps?
> 2. How are each adversely affected?
> 3. How long will the earth be affected by the melting?
> 4. Do you see the ice completely melting with my/our lifetime?
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Hannah Clark

Dr. Annette L. Schloss