[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Summer Meeting Registration | NSF EarthCube News | LP DAAC Job Opp

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon May 21 10:30:43 EDT 2012

Hi All -

First off - both Earth Science
Collaboratory<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Earth_Science_Collaboratory>(12
EDT) and
Geospatial <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Geospatial> (3 EDT) are
meeting today (call-in details <http://esipfed.org/telecons>).

*ESIP Summer Meeting
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting>- Madison, WI,
July 17-20,2012.
*We are a little less than 8 weeks from the meeting!
* Registration (early bird ends May
31)<http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1078265>-
virtual participants, student, 1-day and teacher rates available.
* Room blocks <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting#Hotels>are
filling up, please make your arrangements.
* Program. <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Program> There is
still some room for last minute additions on Friday.

*NSF EarthCube News: *
June Meeting details announced:
http://earthcube.ning.com/profiles/blogs/charrette-update

New group -> Education and Workforce Development </>, contact: Bob Downs,
CIESIN. The purpose of this group is to be a forum to discuss issues and
perspectives relevant to education, training, and workforce development on
data management and informatics for the Earth sciences. Please join the
group and share your ideas.

*Job Opportunity - Scientist, LP DAAC
<https://cr.sgt-inc.com/careers/Careers.aspx?adata=OlZeyoalUMrk493OySu0hvHucWfSraaXxMd0joYT0k97FTFje9sQv1PVAkZtJer9lqkbK8ZabLUrOfOLS5ZTtNmeT%2fmD75KSMabALO7dGRw%3d>
*
The TSSC Scientist will primarily support the EOS science mission. This
includes supporting relevant EOSDIS Core System components within the LP
DAAC, DAAC Unique Extensions (DUEs), and certain TSSC collaborative science
activities. This person is expected maintain a detailed understanding of LP
DAAC data and working knowledge of the EOS mission, which includes all
aspects of the instruments, data processing, distribution, and archiving
systems.

*Telecons this week <http://esipfed.org/telecons>: *
Mon - ESC and Geospatial
Tues - Semantic Web
Wed - Decisions and Viz
Thurs - Energy/Climate

Stay tuned for a mid-week update on the ESIP Commons. As always, if you
have content you'd like in next week's update, send it to me by Sunday
night.

Best-
Erin

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: