[ESIP-all] FYI: Presidential Memorandum -- Building a 21st Century Digital Government

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Fri May 25 12:59:01 EDT 2012

I think this feeds right into the strengths of the ESIP Federation
and the types of activities we (and our agency partners) are
already working on.

"Today, the CIO is releasing that strategy, entitled "Digital
Government: Building a 21st Century Platform to Better Serve the
American People" (Strategy), [...] requiring agencies to establish
central online resources for outside developers and to adopt new
standards for making applicable Government information open and
machine-readable by default;"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/05/23/presidential-memorandum-building-21st-century-digital-government

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/egov/digital-government/digital-government.html

In the word's of Tim Berners-Lee, "Raw Data Now!":
http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_berners_lee_the_year_open_data_went_worldwide.html

--
Curt Tilmes, Ph.D.
U.S. Global Change Research Program