[ESIP-all] Monday Update: Summer Meeting CFPs - Decisions, Drupal and Viz | Cloud Computing within ESIP
erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Mon Jun 4 12:01:05 EDT 2012
Hi All -
** ESIP Summer Meeting<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting>Notes
- July 17-20, 2012, Madison, WI *
- Registration - Last week there was a typo on the meeting website that
caused some confusion about when the last day for early
We have extended the early rate a few more days to let everyone catch up.
- Room blocks <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Meeting#Hotels>
filling up, please make your arrangements.
- Program. <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Summer_2012_Program> Please
review the meeting agenda and note any major conflicts in parallel
There are several groups requesting participation at the summer meeting
- Decisions is looking for Earth science projects to evaluate during the
- Drupal is hosting an e-lab drupal camp Monday and Tuesday, July 16-17 and
looking for presenters, BOF leaders
- Visualization is hosting a Viz workshop and looking for demos
Beyond Summer Meeting news, this month has a focus on cloud computing in
ESIP. A few highlights -
- Cloud Computing
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Cloud_Computing>monthly telecon is
today, 1 EDT
- IT&I <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interoperability_and_Technology>will
feature a rant/rave talk by Rick Martin, SAIC on Cloud Computing -
this Thursday, June 7, 3-4 EDT
- Geospatial cluster <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Geospatial> will
feature GeoCloud presentation by Doug Nebert.
Finally, a reminder to ESIP Voting Reps to vote on our new member
The election closes June 11.
*Telecons this week: <http://esipfed.org/telecons>*
* Monday - Cloud Computing
* Wednesday - Preservation
* Thursday - IT&I
If you have items for next week's update please get them to me by Sunday
Have a good week!
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ESIP-all